Make a 6-figure income for life, writing about beauty and cosmetics. The business is booming and you can be part of it wherever you are. Here´s how.
|Love cosmetics? Have a shelf full of fragrances? Constantly obsessing about your skin? Woman or man, you are a natural for an exciting and well-paying career in the beauty industry as an advertising and promotional copywriter.|
What is a copywriter? A copywriter is a writer who specializes in advertising and marketing materials. The ads you see in the newspaper every day and in your favorite magazines every month are almost always written by a copywriter, working in a corporation, or for an ad agency or for a company as a freelancer.
In addition, much of the information that magazines or TV shows like QVC use to inform their audience about new products come from press releases and scripts written by beauty copywriters.
|We´ve done it for years. And so can you. Many freelancers routinely charge $500 to $1000 a day for their services. A Vice President of Copy in a corporation can earn $200,000 or more. An experienced TV commercial copywriter can earn $500,000 or more. And many writers work for themselves right at home with no boss, no commute, no office politics to contend with and plenty of work to keep them busy. Unlike beauty writing for the magazine industry, copywriting is very well paying for a lot less work.|
|A good command of English, a love of cosmetics, lots of imagination, and a will to work and learn your craft. A degree in Journalism or English or Literature is nice to have, but many copywriters have degrees in finance, history, science, or teaching, too. The 29 billion dollar beauty industry needs copywriters from all walks of life.|
|Today, despite the need for writers, fewer companies and agencies than ever are willing to hire a complete novice or a junior writer who´s never worked in the beauty biz before. They can´t afford to take the chance they might not get the quality of the writing they need. Today, it´s hard for new writers to break in unless they have samples of beauty work to show in a portfolio and can demonstrate that they understand the industry. In any given day in a corporation, for example, you could write a press release in the morning and a display litho or counter booklet in the afternoon. Another day might be devoted to an email blast or a training manual. And the day after that, you might be doing shade names for a new lipstick or name ideas for a fragrance. It´s fun, it´s glamorous and it´s also a skill you can learn from the ground floor up in The Beauty Copywriter Workshop.|
|The mission of The Beauty Writer Workshop is to step in and fill in the gap left open when most of the beginner writer jobs disappeared. In 10 lessons, you´ll have an insider´s view of the writing business for cosmetic companies. Whether it´s a brand for women or men, a prestige line or a drugstore line, a product for teens or women over 50, when you´re through with the lessons, you´ll be able to hit the ground, running. At job interviews, you can talk with confidence about lithos, banners, co-ops, demo cards and insider concerns like FDA and government package requirements. You´ll stand out instantly from the pack of other hopefuls, because you´ll be able to show that you know a significant amount about the beauty business. All from taking The Beauty Copywriter Workshop in your spare time, at home.|
|The truth is, especially in the beauty business, insiders hire insiders. Ad agencies and corporations want to hire people who already know a lot about the business, no matter how impressive your writing credits are in other areas. At the end of the 10 lessons we offer, you will have an edge most writers simply don´t have. And, if you do the self-directed exercises and research in addition to the reading, you could have a killer portfolio of writing samples to show employers, too.|
|In this ten lesson package, you´ll find the best copywriting techniques we´ve learned over the years. The format is simple: 10 easy-to-read lessons that are fun as well as informative. Whether you´re a beginner or an accomplished writer, the lessons take you through the basic skills you´ll need to be a success as a beauty copywriter, one skill at a time. We´ll also give you advice on what to include in your portfolio and where to look for your first jobs.|
• You´ll learn about color cosmetics, skincare and fragrance. Everything from packaging to advertising to website writing.
• You´ll get a full overview of the beauty copywriting business and what skills you must have, even as a beginner. You´ll learn about this fascinating industry and what a typical job in an agency or corporation involves. You´ll find out what to charge for your services --- and what clients expect for their money.
• You´ll develop research skills so that even if you are assigned a project you´ve never done before, like a press release, for example, you can easily do a great job, first time out.
• You´ll learn the art of irresistible headlines and buzz words that sell everything from lipsticks to hair vitamins. The key words every writer should have in their toolbox of beauty tricks.
• You´ll learn the simple formats and formulas of basic promotional materials like displays, referral cards, press releases and newspaper ads to structure and focus your writing automatically.
• You´ll learn how to hit hard in your lead so the customer is sold on your product even if she doesn´t read another word.
• You´ll learn how to talk to your audience - whether it´s a 14-year old teenager or a 50-year old woman or a man buying a skincare product for the first time. You´ll also learn the importance of developing several voices - all coming from you -- to increase your marketability as a writer with many styles.
• You´ll learn how to critique your work and that of others so you can learn from the best in the business - and become the best in the business yourself.
• You´ll learn how to write short, fast, bullet copy, and longer pieces, too, to make you the writer clients call for every kind of job.
• You´ll learn the importance of graphics and how to work with art directors to create great ads and promo pieces.
• You´ll learn how to successfully approach companies for jobs and what not to do. How to build a contact list. How to market yourself.
• You´ll learn how to create a thriving free-lance business even if you don´t live near a big city.
|Above all, you´ll discover a great career|| that is always interesting, always evolving and very well-paying if you are willing to do what it takes to learn the simple skills you need for success. Are you ready to explore a new career in the fascinating world of beauty? Welcome to The Beauty Copywriter Workshop. You can get started right here...